Introduction to Computer Programming using Eclipse and Java
Eclipse is what is called an Integrated Development Environment, or IDE. An IDE is a software suite that consolidates basic tools; a source code editor, build automation tools, and a debugger. An IDE is a tool designed to simplify the writing and testing of software by helping to identify and minimize coding mistakes and typos as well as provide things like dot notation which helps with code completion.
Java is a common programming language and computing platform. Many applications and websites run on the software. Java is fast, secure, and reliable. From laptops to datacenters, game consoles to scientific supercomputers, cell phones to the Internet, Java is everywhere!
There are no certifications provided by completion of this course. This course is intended to help the user get their computer configured to complete other courses.
- Install Java and understand where the Java build path is and how to set the Java home system variable
- Install Eclipse
- Understand what an Eclipse project is and create a new Eclipse project
- Understand what a workspace is and create a workspace
- Understand what a package is and create a package
- Understand what a class is and create a class
- Understand what an external library is and reference an external library
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 10
- Assessments Yes